Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wow, God is funny sometimes!

Today was one of those days! I have a toddler who is two and thinks she's twenty. She wants it her way! Let's just say we had a rough morning. I try to pray often for and with Elizabeth. But today I prayed extra hard. I decided we needed a diversion. I remembered the Allentown Fair is this week and during the day between 12 ad 2 you can get in for free. I immediately got Elizabeth and drove over. A series of things went well:
  • We found free parking. I got a good bit of exercise out of the deal. ;)
  • Elizabeth got a lollipop and sticker from the first two booths.
  • I found a yummy smoothie stop.
  • We found the afternoon family entertainment tent and saw a show, and got free popcorn upon entry. (At this point I'm thinking, "Thank you, Lord, this is so cool!")
  • The show ended and they asked us to pull out our raffle tickets we were given upon entry. Our number was drawn!
  • Elizabeth won this:


What a neat blessing! (The fun part was getting it in the car.) As we were walking away I just couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the reminder that God loves me. And He has given me so much more than a silly toy!

Now, if you want all the cool "specs" you'll just have to check with Josiah. And please, come over and play!!!

No comments: