Saturday, January 29, 2011

the 23rd Psalm

I've been going through a dry patch spiritually speaking. I know I haven't been trusting God like I should. I've been asking Him to help, and He's sent some fun surprises along the way. Just yesterday I found what you are about to read in an old journal. God showed me this a few years ago, and has brought it to me now, when I desperately needed the reminder. I will write it as I did then--The italics are God's Word, and the regular type is the impressions I had while trying to flesh it out a bit. I hope it encourages you.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want...
Because He gives me everything I need.
Because it is a sin to covet.
Because I desire to be generous.
He makes me lie down in green pastures...
He causes me to rest because He knows that I need it,
and He loves me. The pasture is green--it provides food
and a soft place to rest (comfort).
He leads me beside quiet waters...
He--the King of kings, Creator of the universe
leads--shows me the way
me--"What is man that you are mindful of him?" ~Psalm 8:4 "You are
worth more than many sparrows." ~Matthew 10:31
quiet waters--easy crossing, refreshing to cool off, peaceful
He restores my soul.
He doesn't leave me to my own devices. Philippians 1:6
He guides me in paths of righteousness (good works)
"In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God has prepared in advance for us to do." ~Ephesians 2:10
For His name's sake.
God is passionate about His glory.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me.
Wow! God has promised to never leave us or forsake us--and
He really doesn't. ~Hebrews 13:5
Your rod and your staff they comfort me.
Your rod corrects me, your staff brings me back. ~Hebrews 12:5-6
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
We don't escape trouble, but you provide for us regardless. ~John 16:33
You are with us in the presence of our enemies.
You have anointed my head with oil.
"a healing balm"
My cup overflows.
I have everything I need--and more.
"I have come that they may have life,
and have it to the full." ~John 10:10
He has given us everything we need for life and godliness. ~2 Peter 1:3
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life.
At this point, it could be helpful to do a word study on the Hebrew word "hesed".
It helped me!
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you!

Lidi Di said...

Thank you for sharing!